Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing 2

OK, I am really hooked. Wordle...I am a special ed teacher so I am always looking for different ways to present things. One way I could use it.. Have the student type in some sight words they are struggling with. It displays the words in all directions which separated them in different ways, it also makes the words different colors. It would be a great way for the student to play and manipulate the words, become familiar with them, and see them repeatedly in different positions. Loved it. Wordsift...Again, thinking of the special needs of my students, I pasted in some info on a bird (we have a bird unit) I think this format will give greater understanding and create more interaction for the student and the information. Sometimes the information itself becomes overwhelming for the student. Pesented in small bits in wordsift might keep them engaged for longer periods of time and learning more about their topic. Finally, Bookr...Great way to present information. I'm thinking about a "What I did this summer" book with some summer pictures of places, people and things, maybe even a graduation book for the recent graduate. So many uses...so little time. I didn't even choose these first two. I just looked at them to see what they were and immediatly got hooked and saw how I could use them. I'll have to get back to the others.

No comments: