Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thing 1 next series 11.5 things

This movie was quite interesting. First of all, the format of showing the pictures and telling a story over them would be a great use for project presentation using the Flip cameras. This would be something great for my special needs students. So, on to the actual content of the video. First of all, I love the idea of the teacher being the facilitator for student led research. It really puts a total new role and picture of the teacher. It changes the face of the teacher, which will be an interesting transition. The teacher will go from the lecture, educator to guiding the self propelled student. It is going to be fun to see the change, I just hope it is quickly embraced. I know at my school our librarian is a great technology resource so it would be appropriate for her to lead the charge in this student led technology research. I am sure the students will eagerly follow! I know I would!

1 comment:

VWB said...

I think you already are...leading the charge!