Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thing (yippee) 23

Woo Hoo !! This was a great program.
1. some of my favorites! Fuzzmail, it's just fun! I also enjoyed youtube and teachertube. I'll be back to those to spend a little more time! I also liked the library thing. I just finished another book and added it to my list. I'll be anxious to show the summer book group that one.
2. Lifelong learning goals. definately in high gear for this program. I feel like I can somewhat communicate with my kids now. I may not be proficient, but I can have a good conversation. I think I am ready to do some exploring on my own.
3. Surprises? Many! I thought I would have a really hard time writing in a blog, But I really had some fun. I found some neat special education vidoes and ideas that I was totally not expecting.
4.How to improve? 23 things might be a little too many. For a first time tech explorer it was a little daunting. I think it might have been easier to do a few short groups. Maybe 6-10 things. Then It would be easy to move to the next group. But, this is the special ed teacher in me that breaks a task into smaller , more manageable chunks to help the learner feel like they have accomplished something and they don't become overwhelmed or frustrated.
5. I would very happily participate in another adventure like this one.
6.FUN!

Thanks for doing this. It was a great experience. I will be continuing to use the library2play webpage as a guide to continue surfing some of the cool spots I have discovered. It was a lot of work but well done!

3 comments:

VWB said...

Congrats on a job well done...glad to know you will continue to use some of the tools...hope you keep us informed how things go thru your blog!

Be sure and visit some of the other Players' blogs and leave a comment or two!

Book Nook Girl said...

Yea! Congratulations! You're done and with several days to go! Enjoy the rest of your spring break!

Alicia said...

Glad I could help with your Henry and Mudge unit, but that article needed lots of repair! I've fixed and deleted broken links and added a couple. Hope you find lots of useful stuff. :^)