Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thing 22

In surfing around the websites I found a pretty cool song "The Librarian" It really is great. My resource room is right in the library at our school. I am there in a cormer room and we see all the library happenings and this song was pretty fun. I was very impressed by the postings and the "ning" sites. I saw VWB listed as well as Barry Bishop! There is a lot of informatin on those web sites. Coming from a beginner in the technology world and a special ed person, I have a lot to learn and those web sites would be great for ME to learn. I know we are supposed to be focused on our students but I feel like I need to learn a lot more before i get the students involved. Becoming more aware of what is happening comes first. I was very impressed with all three recommended sites. Things are beginning to settle a little for me and i'm thinking of some applications for the special needs students.
1. book reports on video
2. projects on a podcast instead of written
3. Post a comment on a blog about a specific subject
For students not able to do classwork and testing or evaluation in a conventional way, I am beginning to see some new ways to show that learning is happening. The wheels are beginning to spin and these 3 web sites will be future reference for me! Thanks

No comments: