Friday, July 31, 2009

Thing 10

OK, this thing was one that really puzzled me. I have mixed emotions about this one. I read a lot of the blogs, introductions and links about the second life and it really kind of scared me a bit. First off, I am a little fearful of being online with other people"live". I was a bit concerned about the whole Linden dollar stuff. I am always a bit skeptical of spending money for a game. I DO see how it can be educational, I read about the space, planet study, book clubs, money management, social skills, ect. So, I decided to take an easy route, and I signed up for one of the kids places. I got on and it was intimidating at first but really fun! It took me awhile to figure out how to move and go to the different places and it was rather fun to see other avatars and know they were live on the game as well. Maybe I'll get up the courage to get on second life. I signed up, we'll see if I can get on and move around. Let's just step out of that comfort zone, shall we?

No comments: