Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing 5

Facebook. I signed up for that in late spring because a co-workers daughter was ill and this was the main way of recieving information about her. I did not do much with it until I saw it on the list here. I began to play more with it while I was out of town and visiting family. I looked up a lomg lost wonderful college roommate and found her. We met for coffee while I was in Ohio. I am also keeping up with family and co workers. I have to now say, I am hooked. I keep thinking of people to look up. We are all talking my dad ( he's 87) into getting a facebook as well.
Twitter. I signed up and have enjoyed looking around. I am not proficient yet but slowly working up to it. I think these two are things you need to work on a regular basis to get the feel for them and learn the uses. I am getting there. I think it would be a great way to keep posted on your students. Developing a personal relationship with students and understanding them is to learn how to reach, teach them. I look forward to plenty of time on facebook. More to come!

No comments: