Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thing 6

Now I am really looking forward to getting an itouch for my classroom. I know where my money will go this year! There were so many apps I liked , it is difficult to know where to begin. Games- they had lots of free games that I could see using with the kids. Word games, similar to boggle, were a plenty. Toobz was another game that you had to fit the tubes together to make a maze. Good thinking skills would work on this game. I went into the education section and was overwhelmed, sight word flashcards, reading and number games a plenty. I can see a few of my students glued to the itouch and doing a "READING" activity. Cool. There was also one that you punch in the restaurant, pull up the menu, choose an item and it brings up the calories and nutritional value. I think it is very important for our kids to be aware of what they are eating. Good nutrition is a big factor in good education, there's my soapbox for the day! I also liked the free app for time around the world, it would tell you what time it was anywhere in the world, how fun to think about when you are studying different parts of the globe. On that note google earth was an app that was fun to see. If I'm studying the Boston Tea Party, I could punch in the place and get an arial view of where it really happened. Let's just make learning a little more personal, a little more real. I could get into that! Look out itouch, a few more weeks to go and you are MINE!!

No comments: