Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thing 7

I really enjoyed this one. I watched the video for Creative Commons Liscensing and it looks like we are pretty free most of the time, Yippee. I found several things that I really love and will mark as favorites on my computer.
1. National Archives- I found some fun articles and did some searches for Amelia Earhart, she was a favorite of several of my students. I found some clips of documentaries that I know the kids could use. Did you know this sumeer is the anniversary of her birth and they are restoring her house ? She would be 103 I believe. The mystery of her dissappearance continues. I also saw a trailer for a movie coming out about her, Fun!
2. Blinx- Too cool, once again , Amelia was a search and I found several things I'd use. This one I think I like better. Loads there.
3. TotLol- My personal favorite. I signed up and am in love with it. Even my older kids would get a kick out of it, I think. I have some SpEd kids with huge comprehension issues and the video of the duck returning to the lemonade stand looking for grapes every day might be a hit! The story was sung, the words rhymed and I know the kids would remember more , stay engaged and increase comprehension. I'm all over that one!
4. Hulu- OK, but I like the others a bit better.
5. PBS Kids- I really like that one as well and another favorite on the list! Lots to choose from.
Thanks for some new favorites!

1 comment:

VWB said...

looks like you have some good resources lined up !